Crispy, well-seasoned kale chips are one of my favorite “cheat” foods… slightly salty, tremendously satisfying and I never feel guilty when I eat the whole [bag] tray!
Crispy Kale Chips
- Cooking spray
- 1 small bunch kale (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh lime juice, optional but delicious!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two baking trays with cooking spray. Remove the center rib and stems from each kale leaf and discard. Tear or cut the leaves into bite-size pieces, about 2 to 3 inches wide. Wash the kale and dry it very well.
2. Place the kale on baking sheets; drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder and tajin; toss well with hands or tongs and bake until crisp and the edges are slightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
*if you like a little more “zing” spritz your kale leaves with a little lime juice!