Well, the same rules apply “when in Okinawa”!
When in Okinawa, you trim fresh sprouts for dinner!
Spicy Bok Choi and Sprouts
- 3 baby bok choi bulbs, washed, halved and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 c fresh sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 c sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 T Mirin
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seed, toasted (optional)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil; add garlic, ginger, hot pepper, bok Choi and sprouts, cooking on medium heat until leaves of bok choi are golden. Stir in Mirin, turn to low and cover , about 5 minutes. Remove lid, turn up heat until all liquid is absorbed. Plate and top with optional sesame seed and drizzle with sesame oil. Season with kosher salt.
This makes a tasty and quick side to roast chicken or pork. Adjust chili/garlic to your liking. Oishi!