The following recipes were given to me by a dear lady, Rattana Wyadra. We had the honor and pleasure of her friendship while stationed at RAF Lakenheath, UK ~ She comes from beautiful Thailand, land of jewel colored silks and people with smiles and personalities just as colorful ~ thanks for sharing Rattana!
Shrimp Roll: Goong- Paan
- Shrimp, Medium or Large (uncooked, no head, tail on) 1 pack, (24 pieces)
- Spring Roll Wrapper, 1pack (30 pieces)
- Pepper, 1 tsp
- Garlic Salt 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil 1 cup
- Clean shrimp and drain
- Add pepper and garlic salt
- Cut half of spring roll wrapper (if it’s to big)
- Place spring roll wrapper on flat place area, lie shrimp in one side of wrapper, fold 2-3 rolls toward your self, and cover the head corner, and roll toward until into sausage shape.
- Heat oil into skillet or pot for deep-fry, medium heat , place shrimp roll and fry until turn to golden brown, remove and drain from oil. Serve with dipping sauce.
Thai Main course Recipe:
1. Coconut Milk With Chicken: Tom Kah Gai:
- Chicken meat cut into bite size pieces 500 grams
- Galangal cut into oval shape 15 pieces
- Lemon grass stalk cut into line long strip 5-8 pieces
- Onion 1 cut into pieces 4-8 pieces
- Garlic 3-5 clovers
- Lime juice 2-3 tbsp
- coconut milk 1 can (14 FlL.OZ (400ML)
- Mushroom cut half, 250-350 grams
- Cilantro cut 2-4 inches, 50-100 grams.
- Clear soup or clear water ½ cup
- Kaffir lime leaves 3-5 leaves
- Fish sauce 3 tbsp (can use salt instead of fish sauce)
- Put 1 can of coconut milk and soup into the pot. Add lemon grass, galangal, onion, garlic, and over heat until boiling
- Add chicken, and keep until cook, add mushroom, heat until cook.
- Can add more soup if the soup is to small amount, heat everything cooked. Turn heat off.
- Seasoning by fish sauce or Salt, lime juice, (if you prefer little spicy, add crush fresh chili) and Cilantro. Serve with steam rice.
2. Spicy Chopped Pork Salad: Laab Moo:
- Minced Pork 300 grams
- Shallot sliced 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves ¼ cup
- Lime juice 4 tbsp
- Fish sauce 3 tbsp
- Parched rice 2-3 tbsp
- Ground roasted chili 1-2 tbsp
- Cilantro sliced 1tbsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Cook minced pork in the pot, medium heat, add 1tbsp of water, stir frequently until cook, rest until the meat cool down
- Mix minced pork with lime juice, ground chili, parched rice, fish sauce, and stir
- Add Shallot, Cilantro and at last add mint leaves. Serve with rice